We have one position open currently.
The Center for Climate Protection seeks a results-oriented, inspirational, entrepreneurial, creative team member with a sense of humor to deliver consistent and sustained resource development results to achieve the Center for Climate Protection’s mission. The Development Director participates with a dedicated, lively senior management team to expand the organization’s impact in California and beyond.
Development Director’s Role
- Create and implement a powerful resource development strategy
- Develop a team of staff and volunteer resources capable of executing the strategy with excellence
- Foster a culture of philanthropy within the organization
- Build relationships with key investors and engage them in programs and direction
- Conduct research, identify prospective funding sources, cultivate relationships with foundation staff
- Be a spokesperson about the Center for Climate Protection and its track record of excellence
- Ensure the budget and resource development financials are managed with integrity and excellence
- Be an effective partner with Center for Climate Protection senior management, board, and other key volunteers
Skills and Qualities
The position requires a person with a proven track record:
- Delivering results
- Quick learner
- Superior communication skills
- Building relationships
- Very well organized and a strong team player
- Skilled in using tools needed for work such as a CRM system, Facebook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Verifiable track record of fundraising success
- Minimum five years’ relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Available and willing to travel
- Use of a car as needed for work
- Excellent references
- Salary competitive with similar positions in similar organizations
- Health insurance available after introductory period
- Three weeks paid vacation plus holidays
- This is envisioned as a full-time position. We will consider a part-time schedule for the right person.
- The Center for Climate Protection is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
Please email your resume and a cover letter describing why you want the job to Ann Hancock, ann [at] climateprotection.org. Please, no calls.
The position is open until filled.