Rumi’s Caravan, a magical evening of poetry and music, returns to Santa Rosa.
Where: Glaser Center, 547 Mendocino Ave, Santa Rosa
When: February 9. Doors open at 6 pm for pre-show wine and appetizers, and the performance begins at 7 pm.
Lavish attire is encouraged.
This event usually sells out. Tickets are $25 – available at the Rug Gallery in Santa Rosa at 514 B Street, at Many Rivers Books and Tea at 130 S. Main St. in Sebastopol, and at Brown Paper Tickets.
All net proceeds benefit the Climate Protection Campaign.
Tea and cake will be served at intermission.
Lavish attire encouraged.
Silent Auction Items:
- Persian rug — a hand woven, all wool Iranian rug from Sima Vaghti of the Rug Gallery of Santa Rosa (514 B St. at 7th). This is an absolutely beautiful piece that will increase in value over time. Minimum bid $400
- Weekend house in the redwoods — A two-night stay at “The Dreamery” – a lovely vacation rental a few steps from your own beach on pristine Austin Creek near Cazadero.
- Necklace — A 17-inch gemstone and semi-precious necklace named “Flowers.” Made by Sebastopol artist Kay Crista of Radiance Jewelry, using pink-topaz and peridot.
- Rumi’s Soufreh — An enchanted evening of poetry and fine dining. A traditional mid-eastern dinner for eight guests with poetry recited between courses by the poets of Rumi’s Caravan. Minimum Bid $350
Interested in getting a bid in early? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One hour massage – Image Health Center – masseuse Ana Argueta
- Three month gym membership from Coaches’ Corner in Sebastopol
- Handbag from Global Village
- A linocut of a guitarist by the artist Sandy Eastoak paired with a $15 gift certificate from People’s Music
- Books from Copperfield’s Book Stores in Santa Rosa and Sebastopol
- Wine from Sunce, a Merlot and Pinot Gris
Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving.
It doesn’t matter.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you’ve broken your vow
a thousand times.
Come, yet again, come.
– Jelalludin Rumi
(Coleman Barks translation)